Who We Are
Thinking Big-Picture.At Hanover evidence and empirics serves as “True North” for our clients’ financial goals, deliberate process supports our dispassionate recommendations, and each client’s goals and circumstances drive everything that we do.
Thinking Independently.As an independent firm, with no distracting corporate sales, product quotas or shareholder interests, we are free to contribute to and benefit from a range of community-minded engagements, and to work with anyone who can advance our clients’ optimal outcomes. Nothing comes between Hanover and the clients we serve.
Thinking Professionally.Our clients’ advanced planning needs call for advanced integration: estate planning cannot be done without tax mitigation; investments and risk must be managed concurrently; and so on. Our professional certifications – CPA, CA, CFA®, CFP® and CLU® – cover the spectrum of our clients’ financial interests.
Thinking Empirically.We apply the Science of Wealth Management to offer informed, quantitative answers to our clients’ most important, qualitative questions.
Thinking Collaboratively.We are committed to the principle that our clients benefit when we collaborate with others in advancing and promoting widespread financial stewardship. We work directly with fellow professionals, organizations and scholars to promote industry-wide best practices while strengthening our own client experience. Cooperating with leading service providers such as Vanguard, BlackRock and RBC Capital Markets, we routinely suggest, test and integrate innovative new resolutions to shared challenges.
Thinking Resourcefully.To broadly represent our clients’ highest interests, we regularly participate in international financial, accounting and financial planning leadership initiatives, such as:
- Developing resources for the AICPA and CFA Institute in private wealth management.
- Organizing private wealth conferences on investment management, risk management, tax planning and more.
- Serving in leadership roles in Canadian and U.S. professional societies including the AICPA Financial Planning Executive Committee; the Accounting Standards Oversight Council; the CFA Society Toronto (the second-largest CFA society in the world); the CFA Institute’s Private Wealth Advisory Committee; and a range of additional professional organizations.
Thinking About Our Clients.To offer our clients our level best, we focus on professional development, not business development, continuously seeking sensible new opportunities and solutions to deliver in investments, acquisitions, divestiture, financing and risk-management strategies.
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), CLU Institute
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Financial Planners Standards Council
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute
- Master of Business Administration, Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA), CPA Canada (formerly Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Dalhousie University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- CFA Society Toronto
- CLU Institute
- CPACanada (formerly CICA)
- CPA Ontario
- Financial Planners Standards Council
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nova Scotia
Current Professional Committees:
- AICPA Personal Financial Planning Executive Committee
- CFA Society Toronto Private Wealth Committee
- CFA Society Toronto Governance Committee
- CPA Canada Accounting Standards Oversight Committee
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 2 Candidate, CFA Institute
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA), CAIA Association
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM), CSI Global Education
- Bachelor of Commerce Candidate, Finance Major, Ryerson University
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Association
- CFA Society Toronto, Associate Member